Thursday, 18 November 2010

How to Take MSM

MSM (methyl-sulphony-methane, or dimethyl sulphone) is a form of sulphur that is safe and easy to take, although tasting a little yucky!


It is a pure organic sulphur, a naturally occurring compound in the human body. It is a biologically available form of sulphur that's naturally found in wild, untended food. In its purified form, it’s an odorless white crystal with a slightly bitter taste.
  • Maintains cell membrane flexibility and permeability, promoting an efficient exchange of nutrients and waste products. Ensures connective tissue health and the formation of collagen.
  • Provides the body with raw materials needed to create new cells, to repair and replace damaged tissues and organs.
  • Is involved in energy production, as a component of insulin and prerequisite for normal carbohydrate metabolism.
Sulphur deficiencies are associated with brittle nails and hair, scar tissue, slow healing wounds, arthritis, acne or other skin disorders, depression, memory loss, gastrointestinal problems, immune disorders.
It is the vital component in the formation of keratin, collagen and elastin, giving flexibility, tone and strength to our muscles, bones, joints, internal membranes, skin, hair and nails. It is also a free radical scavenger.

MSM can give a relief of swelling, inflammation and pain and symptoms of arthritis and research has shown that sufferers improved their symptoms.

My own personal experience of taking MSM has been extremely positive. My hair grows and shines more, my skin has a beautiful glow and is clear, my nails grow and become stronger and I notice that scars are less noticable.

Take MSM once a day in a mug of warm water and lemon. One teaspoon full.
You will notice changes within just a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I am astounded at how parallel our lives are Deb.

    Astounded. And tickled happy!

    I have been doing so much research lately on supplements and vitamins- the film "Food Matters" has totally swayed me in this direction. Superb documentary that everyone in the West ought to watch.

    Since taking supplements and eating a majority of raw foods, (mainly eating what my body needs, and not what my mind desires), you should see the glow on my face, my nails my energy levels, (which is usually super high, but lately has been softer and more concentrated on the the people I love).

    With the combination of vipassana, the fasting, and my new found love and direction in life, this year has been nothing short of amazing.

    Thank you for sharing this info on MSM. I hadn't yet come across this, and I will certainly give it a try. Bet it smells like eggs!

    LOVE YOU SO MUCH SOUL TWIN

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Malakat!


    Firstly, love you so much too! A huge amount :)

    Secondly, good on you for eating such high raw! Keep on that path, you will glow even brighter! Please look out for detox symptoms though, I know you are aware of them after your fast, I just wanted to remind you. When I first went raw I would always forget and then wonder why I felt so bad. When I eventually realised it was detox symptoms I would smile knowing I was cleaning myself out!

    Much love and metta and smiles to you always beautiful soul twin xx ♥ ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete